Sonoran Gold Turquoise Stud Earrings | Sterling Silver | One of a Kind
Sonoran Gold Turquoise is mined in Sonora, Mexico near the city of Cananea. This beautiful turquoise comes in aqua blue, lime green, and a two-tone blue and green. It features a beautiful golden to brown matrix. This material is relatively new to the industry and is a newer deposit in the Cananea mines. Unlike most turquoise, Sonoran Gold is not mined in veins but rather as individual nuggets typically found in clay deposits.
This one of a kind item has been handcrafted by myself in my Shellharbour NSW based studio. I am a designer and metalsmith passionate about the process of creating stunning statement jewellery that emanates a quiet luxury, refinement, and personal touch. Gemstones are sourced as ethically as possible and are complimented with high-quality materials and sustainable processes.
Turquoise is a most efficient healer, providing solace for the spirit and well-being of the body. It benefits the overall mood and emotion by balancing and inducing a sense of serenity and peace.
- Sterling silver stud earrings
- Approx. 11 x 8 mm oval Sonoran Gold Turquoise gemstones
All items come packaged and ready for gifting, including storage pouch, jewellery cleaning cloth and care instructions.
Love and care should always be given to handcrafted jewellery and harsh chemicals, abrasives and some cleaning agents should be avoided. Ensure you clean gently if you wear during bathing, swimming or exercise. Gemstones are remarkable and each is one of a kind and therefore a treasure to be looked after for a long lifespan.
My jewellery is made to stand the test of time and if looked after appropriately, this should be the case. I want to ensure that your jewellery looks it’s best for as long as possible so I recommend the following care instructions:
- Always apply makeup, perfume and any body products before your jewellery.
- After each wear gently wipe your jewellery clean of make up and skin oils with a soft clean cloth.
- Remove jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly the beach, ocean and pool.
- Never use abrasives, chemicals or products to clean your jewellery.
- For minor cleaning, use a soft polishing cloth. Mild dish liquid and water can be used to clean your silver, gold and gemstone jewellery. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing in an airtight bag to prevent tarnish.
- Sterling silver will tarnish over time, especially if not worn regularly. Tarnish can be cleaned off with the above methods.
- Sunshine Polishing Cloths are great for taking care of your jewellery.