Star Fox Variscite Necklace | Sterling Silver | One of a kind
Star Fox Variscite can often be confused with some varieties of turquoise, but variscites colour tends to be greener rather than the blues of most turquoise. Variscite and turquoise also differ in hardness on the Mohs scale of hardness. Variscite is a little bit softer than turquoise with turquoise being a 5 – 6 on the Mohs scale of hardness and variscite coming in around a 4.5.
Some believe that this gemstone has the ability to soothe and grant clarity to the mind, it is also believed that variscite will balance your body, mind, and spirit in some healing fashion.
Star Fox Variscite oval gemstone
Approx. 25mm x 17mm oval
45cm sterling silver chain
high shine finish
This item is one of a kind and you will receive the exact necklace pictured. Handcrafted by me in my Shellharbour studio. Custom orders are welcome. All items come packaged and ready for gifting, including storage pouch, jewellery cleaning cloth and care instructions.
Love and care should always be given to handcrafted jewellery and harsh chemicals, abrasives and some cleaning agents should be avoided. Ensure you clean gently if you wear during bathing, swimming or exercise. Gemstones are remarkable and each is one of a kind and therefore a treasure to be looked after for a long lifespan.
My jewellery is made to stand the test of time and if looked after appropriately, this should be the case. I want to ensure that your jewellery looks it’s best for as long as possible so I recommend the following care instructions:
- Always apply makeup, perfume and any body products before your jewellery.
- After each wear gently wipe your jewellery clean of make up and skin oils with a soft clean cloth.
- Remove jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly the beach, ocean and pool.
- Never use abrasives, chemicals or products to clean your jewellery.
- For minor cleaning, use a soft polishing cloth. Mild dish liquid and water can be used to clean your silver, gold and gemstone jewellery. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing in an airtight bag to prevent tarnish.
- Sterling silver will tarnish over time, especially if not worn regularly. Tarnish can be cleaned off with the above methods.
- Sunshine Polishing Cloths are great for taking care of your jewellery.